Family Session 5DII and XP1 (thoughts and images)

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,690
Like?
Family Session 5DII and XP1 (thoughts and images)
Sep 14, 2012

For the first time, I used both the XP1 and my 5DII for a paid family shoot. I've been using the XP1 almost exclusively for my fine art work, and for family shots. But, I decided to try it out on a more "pressure" situation. For the session, I used only 5DII with 135L and XP1 with the 35 1.4.

They worked together beautifully. While the XP1 focus speed has never been a problem for me, when compared so directly with the 5DII and amazing 135L, the difference in speed is quite obvious. I wasn't ready to trust the XP1 totally. So, the majority of shots were made with the 5DII. And, the number of "keepers" was proportionally in favor of the 5DII. But, the XP1 held it's own. It was particularly great for closer shots - less intimidating, for sure.

The most amazing part is when I loaded the files side-by-side in LR. The XP1 files are just amazing, and continue to impress, even compared to such a classic, amazing combo as 5DII + 135L. I can't wait for the new 84 1.4 equivalent for the Fuji.

Below are some examples from each camera:

From 5DII + 135L

From XP1 + 35

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow