Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kbanes
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Electronic viewfinder question
Sep 14, 2012

My question is theoretical only and in no way should be seen as a rumor of something to come.

As I have been pondering the reason for my imagined delay of the "D400", I was assuming that a possible reason is the inclusion of some new and radically different technology. What could it be , and what would I like it to be?

Although 7 frames a second is enough for me, I see a lot of people pushing for up to 10 frames a second. To do that, you would need to do a lot of things, like sped up the sensor and increase buffer size. But I suspect that you might also want to get rid of the mirror.

So, my theoretical question is:

Would this be a bad thing?

What are the disadvantages of an electronic viewfinder, from the perspective of a sports shooter (or anyone else I guess)?

This question has nothing to do with the translucent mirror in use on one of Sony's cameras. I understand its shortcomings.

Again, I don't really want to get into an arguement on if Nikon might do this, I'm just curious as to advantage/disadvantages.

Thanks for the info.

Kevin Banes

kbanes's gear list:kbanes's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow