ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,760Gear list
Like?
I am not convinced the focus is faster with V2 firmware
Sep 14, 2012

Watch this video carefully

http://www.fujirumors.com/video-this-is-the-improvement-you-will-expect-from-the-new-2-0-x-pro-1-firmware/

When he tests the focus of the two camera firmware versions. The first is the older firmware.

What you see is that they have reduced the duration of the focus beep, that has nothing to do with the focusing itself but simply feeds back to the brain the impression that a shorter time has passed.

Secondly the focus on the new firmware overshoots then bounces back into the correct focus. The little bounce at the end is very apparent. With the older firmware the focus just eased into place without overshooting. I prefer that myself because that little bounce is irritating.

The bottom line, I don't think there is an overall change of any significance but also there really was nothing much wrong with the old focus speed. People just got into a state because the OMD can focus like greased lightning, but so what, with its long lenses, the OMD is set up more for action anyway, the XPro has a more contemplative style.
--
S100fs, S6500, S5, F300, D40, EX1, EPM1

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Nikon 1 V2 Nikon Coolpix S6500 Nikon D40 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow