Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turreypond
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
suggestions, please
Sep 14, 2012

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T2i (EOS 550d), with the 18-55mm kit lens. I find that I need slightly more focal length for portraits and landscapes. I'm interested in the new EFS 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, even though I don't utilize the movie functions, simply for the additional "reach".

I haven't necessarily "outgrown" the capabilities of the T2i, I just need the additional flexibility in focal length (and I know I'll upgrade in the next two to three years). I'm really looking for a single walk-around "do-all" lens. I'm left with a few questions, any quidance would be greatly appreciated.

1) If I go for the "lens only" option, are there good alternatives to the new 18-135 STM, in the same relative price range? Image quality and aperture speed are important to me (and price, of course).

2) or, though I would prefer to delay my upgrade for a few years, does it simply make more sense to sell the T2i and upgrade to the T4i entirely?

Thanks very much!

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow