Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan_W1
Contributing MemberPosts: 701
Like?
1080/50p {Pal}
Sep 14, 2012

Assuming the GH3 has the above option, i am trying to understand how this would affect/differ from my present GH2 workflow, if i were to aquire one.

Although ive been shooting video with my gh2 for almost two years, i still have difficulty grasping the technicalities/terminology etc of various video formats {almost certainly due to my age}, so any help {in simple terms} would be appreciated.

All my video shooting is super-tele/wildlife stuff exclusively, and my standard workflow is as follows:
1/ Shoot exclusively in AVCHD 1080i/50 or 720p/50
2/ Edit in PowerDirector9
3/ Burn to DVD

4/ Place DVD in BluRay player, and view on my 1080P tv screen {not very interested in youtube/vimeo etc}.

From my understanding, 1080/50p AVCHD would not be compatable with the BluRay part of my workflow, so i'm wondering {if i got myself a GH3, and used that format} what options i would have from No2 in my present workflow.........to getting the edited 1080/50p AVCHD onto my TV screen.

Just trying to weigh up my options, as to whether an upgrade from my gh2 could be a worthwhile move for me {handling/ergonomics etc aside}.....or not.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow