Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
monkeybrain
Regular MemberPosts: 349Gear list
Like?
NX100 20-50mm close ups/macro with close ups lens
Sep 14, 2012

Greeting everyone, I'm new to the forum and a new owner of an NX100. Got it off ebay a couple of weeks ago with the 20-50mm included for only £130, which I think is an absolute bargain for such a small camera with great image quality. I have a dslr but found I often didn't take it (hiking, travelling) because of its size, so I'm loving the NX100.

I enjoy macro shots immensely, but can't afford the 60mm so I've been trying the 20-50 plus some cheapo close up lens ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Macro-Close-Piece-Filter/dp/B003UI0194/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1347574009&sr=8-2 )

The following shots are my first attempt with this combination, most at 50mm with a +4 lens. Actually I was hand-holding the close up lens in front of the camera for these as my 40.5 to 52 filter adaptor hadn't arrived yet! Still I'm please with the outcome and look forward to taking more macros with this camera.

Most are cropped down and had some tweaking of colours and contrast. Comments welcome, especially about the what people find the apertures to use for this kind of thing.

monkeybrain's gear list:monkeybrain's gear list
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX100
Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow