Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bydesign
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
X1 Pro or M9 Body
Sep 14, 2012

Bit of background, already own Leica M gear inc a number of M lenses.

Was considering an X1 Pro body on which I would be with the M adaptor using the M glass.

Now comes the dilemma, contacted my normal dealer, ffordes in scotland to enquire about stock availability of the X1 and adaptor. They have thrown a real spanner in the works and told me about the deals they have currently on M9's. Have been offered either an Ex Demo M9 for £3750, comes with full Leica warrenty and the two year passport or cracking deal on a brand new M9P, on that if I PX any dSLR with battery and charger, provided it works they will give a £1000 px against the new M9P.

The real dilema is do I go X1 route or the M9 route, have weighed up the pro's and cons of both, high iso definitely better on the X1 but being a Leica the value will possibly hold that bit better in the M9, Though the leica is that bit more expensive in the first place! Then there is the question of is MF, not having really used the X1 in MF mode with Leica glass how does that stack up against the rangefinder coupled M9.

Anyone used both who can advise if MF is ok with the X1 Leica M lens combo or would I be better sticking with the Leica body. If it helps mainly shoot street, using a 35 or a 50 lens.

Going round in circles a bit at the moment trying to work out in head which way to jump.

Know its likely that a new M is due out sometime but would prefer to stick with the tried and tested, same really applies to the X1 highly likely that will be replaced/updated in not too distant future either I would guess. Cant always sit on fence forever waiting and wondering what the next will be and their offer wont last too long I am sure so really need to make my mind up sooner rather than later.
ANyone want to chip in with their thoughts, may help me make up my mind.

bydesign's gear list:bydesign's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Leica M8 Nikon D90 Nikon D1 +23 more
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow