(Q) Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
pebar_Walsall
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: (Q) Abbots Bromley Horn Dance
In reply to Raist3d, Sep 14, 2012

Raist3d wrote:

Hello Peter, did you shoot these in RAW? Used flash in any of them by any chance?

I like the event but find some of the shots need the subjects a bit more clear from each other. What exactly is this event? Looks interesting. Would like to know the cultural context of it.

Hello Ricardo

Thanks for your reply. These were all taken in raw without no flash. I think some of them may have benefited from using a wider aperture to reduce the depth of field a bit

The horn dance is an annual event: best place to find out more is: http://www.abbotsbromley.com/horn_dance

I try to get there every year, and normally I've manage to arrive near the beginning and follow the dancers for a few hours. This year I was pushed for time and didn't get to Abbots Bromley till they had gone off on their travels around the bounds of the village, so there wasn't a lot happening other than people sitting around looking bored :).

Rather than carting around the full SLR kit and lenses from 10-20mm to 400mm, as it was just a quick visit, I thought I'd have a change this year and see what I could come up with just using the Q.

I'm still getting used to using the LCD to frame my shots. (I've seen someone on Flickr that's made an optical finder for the 01 lens from the remains of one of those disposable single-use cameras, I shall have to have a go at that.)

My previous visits to the horn dance are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebar/collections/72157621590661006/

pebar_Walsall's gear list:pebar_Walsall's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K20D Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow