Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
macca1978
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Advantages of New NEX E MOUNT Lenses???
Sep 14, 2012

Excuse my ignorance,....maybe I am missing something as I am still new to photography...but I dont understand the hype around the new lenses.

I currently own the NEX 5N with the 18-55 and 50 1.8. If I could afford it I would add the 55-210 lens to my collection to then have what I believe to be the full focal range needed to cover any basic enthusiasts photography needs.

We now have the 35 1.8 announced...obviously bar the minimal change in focal length why would you by this lens if you already had say the 50mm 1.8?

the 16-50 lens...again bar the minimal focal difference and the smaller form factor what is the benefit of this lens if you already own the 18-55 kit lens?

Finally the 10-16...if you already owned the 16mm pancake why would you want to spend hundreds of pounds in gaining 6mm wider focal length and the widest range and 2mm in the latter?

I cannot argue with anyone purchasing these lenses of course...but I would like to know what they would add to an existing set of lenses that to me on paper appear very similar...

thanks in advance...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow