Was waiting for D600, will probably keep waiting for NEX-FF.

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,460Gear list
Like?
Was waiting for D600, will probably keep waiting for NEX-FF.
Sep 14, 2012

Earlier this summer I was looking to expand into full-frame, preferably with my old Nikkor primes I used to roam with. Unfortunately, Nikon's D700 seemed a bit long in the tooth for the cost, the D800 seemed a bit overkill (and back-ordered). A D600 would have been just about perfect.

But that was then. Since that time, I've become thoroughly hooked on the NEX-7. I love the EVF, MF Assist, electronic front curtain, multiple mount adaptability, smaller form factor and much lower cost. Also, some of my Nikkor lenses seem to have been outclassed by other lenses I've acquired (particularly Canon & Zeiss).

So now, at least to me, the D600 seems like it would be a step backwards. As much as I am still eager to ditch the crop factor, the benefits of the MILC have eclipsed that. Sorry, Nikon...

Anyone else in the same boat?

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow