Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pierce_Henry
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
HLD-6 Not Working Correctly
Sep 14, 2012

I rented a HLD-6 to use during star trail photography this weekend (new moon!). I found the build quality to be stellar, however I don't think its working right. All the buttons and dials seem to work ok, but I can't get it to power my camera. I made sure that I had a fresh Olympus BLN-1 in both the camera and grip but when I have the camera set to draw from the grip battery first it wont turn on at all. When I have it set to draw on the body batter first it will turn on, but then when I go to switch power sources the camera flicks off for a few seconds and then comes back on with the setting switched back to draw from the body battery. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I plan on contacting the rental company (lensrentals) in the morning. I haven't updated the firmware on my OMD, but I don't think that's the issue. Any suggestions would be welcome!
--

freedom exists, within a formless cloud, within a shroud, held in silence, or expressed aloud.

It exists within time, within a sign, resplendently evocative, tis the mark, of the divine....

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow