Panasonic better get it in gear!

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic better get it in gear!
In reply to fermy, Sep 14, 2012

fermy wrote:

It's an exciting time indeed. However, I don't feel that improvement rate is that breathtaking. SirSeth thinks my E-PL1 is a dog, IMHO he is very much mistaken. To me OM-D is the first m4/3 cam with enough improvements to contemplate upgrade (which I'll probably still skip) and NEX-6 is the first NEX with enough improvements to contemplate upgrade from NEX-5.

That's 2.5 years and about a dozen of bodies for m4/3 and half dozen of bodies for NEX. Considering that mirrorless is a new tech, IMHO this is quite slow.

Well you place a different value on photographic technology than I do. I was sorely tempted to upgrade my 5N for the 6, though the lack of touchscreen was a dealbreaker. The more I think about the RX1, the more I think I may just save up and buy it as soon as the first price drops kick in (assuming it's not out of stock). The more I look at the D600 and A99, the more I'm tempted to try full DSLR (I probably won't, but the D600 and D800 were two quantum leaps in an amazingly short time). Sony's lens line-up now covers every category I am likely to buy - and of course lenses is half the upgrading in a system camera. The Panasonic FZ200 has made the powerzoom category competitive for me too, the RX100 has shifted the compact game another leap ahead of the S100 at a time when I can still remember the game-changing S90, and the only reason I refuse to look at Fuji is because my wallet would get a heart attack. Looking at any one manufacturer only shortchanges yourself. All of these innovations, I suspect, are directly or indirectly caused by the threat of the cellphone camera. And I'm just a happy consumer lapping it all up.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow