What lens to give quality equivalent to a X100?

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timetowastetime
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
What lens to give quality equivalent to a X100?
Sep 14, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm taking a year off from studies to go traveling next year and I'm looking to buy into a mirrorless system.

Initially I was planning on going for the Fuji X100 since I've read so many reviews about it's amazing image quality, but I think having it with me for a whole year in many different circumstances with only a fixed 35mm wont suit my needs at all times.

I'm going to purchase an interchangeable lens system and a fast prime to use 70% of the time. I'm looking for a lens that will match the X100's in terms of quality.

Either looking to purchase a

Sony NEX 6
Fuji X-E1
Olympus OM-D EM-5

I'm leaning more towards Sony since the video is better and that's important to me, and leaning away from olympus since its a smaller sensor and wont be able to give as shallow a depth of field.

Can anyone recommend a fast prime lens for either of those above cameras that will give great image quality like the X100?

I know there will be new lenses released with both of them, but I'm just wondering what's available now.

Thank you

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow