Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tr4driver
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Capture NX2 versus View NX2
Sep 14, 2012

Ok, I just don't get Capture NX2. I've been using View NX2 for the past year or so and love it, and decided to give Capture NX2 another try (I played around with it briefly over a year ago and found it awkward to use). As I have gotten more adventurous in developing my RAW files, I thought I could benefit from the added features that Capture NX2 has to offer.

What's up with the software's interface? View NX2 works perfectly with a dual monitor setup. The browser and controls all reside on one monitor and the image being edited fills the screen of the second monitor. With Capture NX2, whenever I open a picture, it just opens it in a window over the browser and controls and I have to drag it to the second monitor and resize it. Plus, the browser automatically minimizes and I have to re-open it.

With View NX2, the second screen shows whatever file I have highlighted. There's no double-clicking to load. It's very fast and efficient to browse through images. Why in the world did Nikon make Capture NX2 so cumberscomparedired to View NX2? Is there a setting I'm missing for using this software with two monitors? Heck, I'd be a little happier if it would just not close the browser window everything I loaded a new image.

Kurt

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NextNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow