Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilInMA
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Some SX 40 Questions
Sep 14, 2012

My beloved SX20 has developed a persistent Lens Error problem that I cannot resolved. The camera works fine until I am in a high humidity environment. I've been looking at the SX 40 & SX 50 and have almost decided to go with the SX 40.

How long does the stock battery last? When I'm on vacation, I have the camera on almost constantly and have been shooting a lot more video lately. i use the EVF almost exclusively. Will the stock battery last a day?

I see a lot of batteries on EBay. Capacities run from 1000mAH to 1400 mAH among the non OEM units, but the genuine Canon is 920 mAH. Any in particular I should avoid? One vendor says their battery is un-decoded and may not be read properly/work properly. Anything I should look out for?

I understand that the SX 50 will be announced next week. The SX40 is $330 at the local Wal-Mart, although it is $349 on their web site. I'm in no major rush to buy, but my next trip is 31 October. Would anyone like to speculate on how low the price might drop as the SX 50 is rolled out? Might it drop to $300 or below?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow