Started Sep 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,117Gear list
Like?
Re: Everyone has quirks
In reply to anthony mazzeri, Sep 14, 2012

anthony mazzeri wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

Ricoh should continue with the highly versatile GXR line and marry it into Pentax.

This is the one thing I think we were all really expecting to see, but nothing has actually happened. - the so-called 'cross-pollination' between Ricoh and Pentax gear.

It's still early days. It's been not quite a year. New designs need time, not to mention the corporate merger, personnel changes, sorting out facilities, production lines, etc etc. It's a huge undertaking

It looks like they still have two completely separate teams for the two brands. So does that apply to everything else as well? Looking at all Pentax's announcement so far, it practically looks as if Ricoh has nothing to do with any of it.

According to Adam, the owner of Pentax Forums, Pentax is still working off the Hoya plan.

Which would actually be a good sign for the GXR etc - I haven't heard of Ricoh laying a single person off yet, so all the Ricoh staff must still be there, and if they aren't changing the Pentax cameras they must still be working purely on the Ricoh gear! How's that for positive thinking?

I share your optimism. The tsunami slowed all the camera companies down in Japan. Ricoh and Pentax have the added burden of a corporate merger to work through. Pentax and Ricoh both have a history of being photo-centric. I'm excited to see what they will come up with.
--
Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GRD5New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow