Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dude Man
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
If Money Were No Object
Sep 13, 2012

Let me preface by saying I got into photography recently when the Leica M8 was released. I have amassed quite a collection of Leica M lenses. I'm embarresed to say I have invested close to $70k in M lenses. Yes I paid $9k for a Noctilux {don't tell my wife}. I am not and will never put down the Leica. An M10 is in my future this year. That said I have never owned a DSLR. Well I bought the hype and ordered the regular D800 not the E model. Now I need lenses. My question is what are the finest lenses Nikon or other manufactures make that would be appropriate for the D800. The type of photagraphy I enjoy is street, long exposure night sky, portrait, and travel architecture/landscape. I really don't want to carry more than three or four lenses but the ones I buy I want to still be special 40 years from now. If you guys could make some suggestions and what your suggestion may cost it would be greatly appreciated.
--
We're them ole boys raised on shot guns

Dude Man's gear list:Dude Man's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +5 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow