Sony RX1 and it's effect on the Leica world

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steverunner
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Re: I don't see the competition with Leica.
In reply to sponnan, Sep 13, 2012

I find quite hilarious the Rolls/Ford kind of comments, Leica is so much better !! ddadidadaaaa , it is in essence what Microsoft Sony, Motorola and else said about Apple when they came with iPhone,

I may even be more interesting to see if they decide to put a Ford engine in the Rolls , in other word a Sony sensor in the Leica... how ironical that would be....

so no Leica is a very nice and certainly a good camera for the past few years but at 7K$ for the M9 , where is the M10 going 8K$ 9K$? , this doesn't make sense, Sony and Fuji will grab share and push Leica out of the market at that pace...

The way I see it Leica has to do a lot more to keep its niche, its not because you put a bit of Titanium that your camera is good, so they need to up the game, the question is how much more ???
I think the best example of my comments is the X2... it won't last as it is...

sponnan wrote:

There is more to image capturing than 35mm sensor and faster lens. The colors, tonal range etc. Leica lens and camera is pricey for a reason. They are targeted towards a particular breed of photographers. There are lots of cheaper third party 35mm lenses but are they better than leica? Can Ford take away the market share of Rolls-Royes by making the same horse power engine and same chassis as of Rolls-Royes? Competition in market is good for consumers. I like the fact that there are smaller cameras with larger sensors. They are different tools for different purposes. So just enjoy the developments.
Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow