No Sony SLRs any more, ever.

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to Piginho, Sep 13, 2012

Piginho wrote:

Whilst I'm not trying to make this another EVF v OVF debate, all 8 replies seem to suggest that the OP shouldn't be bemoaning the loss of OVF from Sony, but should in fact, be embracing the new technology.

I can see many benefits to EVF and I'm sure that all of you are sold on these undeniable benefits, but please understand that there are some of us who don't believe that these benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I prefer the older technology of the human eye itself, being able to resolve from 150-250X the detail of the Sony EVF.

That's why I've just taken the plunge and purchased a minty A900. The acuity of the human eye beats the EVF by such a huge factor, that I will always pine for OVF, just like the OP.

To me having only the choice of an EVF is a bit like having to replace all the windows in your house with HDTV panels. At this level I think Sony should be offering a choice otherwise they risk alienating many potential buyers.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow