Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fealcen
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Powershot sx500 IS
Sep 13, 2012

I've just joined to try and get some user help. I've heard this model is just out and I was wondering if it would meet my needs - and which are the other comparable models around? I'm highly surprised that there's no thread for this yet.

I'm after a bridge or compact system style model. I currently have an EOS 450 dslr and am fed up with lugging a big camera and spare lens round. I'd love a portable size camera (don't mind it's weight - being female, my handbag has inured me to weight).

I believe the size and type of sensor are more important (to a point) than the number of MP but the technical stuff mostly makes my eyes glaze. I'd love a kit lens that can let me both zoom (for interesting details on or in buildings) and do macro (flowers). I'd like a camera that can give decent results up to ISO1200 and allow me to mess with the white balance. I appreciate some image stabilisation too as I have a slight tremor and can occasionally find it difficult to keep the camera still enough.

I can't work out if this is a successor to the SX40 HS or is a slightly inferior, and thus cheaper, camera. Would the sx160 meet my needs anyway?

All advice gratefully received.

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX500 IS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow