Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
jerome_munich
Contributing MemberPosts: 745
Like?
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to Piginho, Sep 13, 2012

Piginho wrote:

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

Excellent news, technology marches on, consumers are the winners.

Whilst I'm not trying to make this another EVF v OVF debate, all 8 replies seem to suggest that the OP shouldn't be bemoaning the loss of OVF from Sony, but should in fact, be embracing the new technology.

I can see many benefits to EVF and I'm sure that all of you are sold on these undeniable benefits, but please understand that there are some of us who don't believe that these benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I prefer the older technology of the human eye itself, being able to resolve from 150-250X the detail of the Sony EVF.

That's why I've just taken the plunge and purchased a minty A900. The acuity of the human eye beats the EVF by such a huge factor, that I will always pine for OVF, just like the OP.

That doesn't mean that I'll never go EVF, as at some point I may want to benefit from some of it's features, or maybe EVF will get resolution that gets closer to the human eye, but in the meantime, all you EVF lovers continue to enjoy your EVF, but don't knock people like myself and the OP, who have different priorities and like to work in a different way.

BTW, I'd love Sony to bring out a new A9 with 36 megapixel sensor, no video mode, OVF with a variety of optional overlays, like grid, horizon, histograms etc in the viewfinder. For me, that would be a basis for a perfect professional stills camera.

Thank you for your polite, well written answer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow