Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rothwells
Regular MemberPosts: 290Gear list
Like?
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to seilerbird666, Sep 13, 2012

seilerbird666 wrote:

jerome_munich wrote:

With the issue of the A99, it now clear that the prediction was right: Sony will not issue a SLR with an OVF any more, ever. Not even for full frame cameras.

Thank God!

It remains to be seen what the competition will do.

Personally I could care less what Canon and Nikon do.

-- hide signature --

My photos:
picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

The EVF was the final thing that made my mid up to dump Nikon and go Sony. I had always wanted to shoot video. I had a D300 (which I completely loved) but wanted video. I was looking into one of the other nikons and couldn't figure how anyone composed shots on the back viewfinder. I couldn't figure out how people dealt with no auto focus....

I never really paid much attention to the SLT thing with the early models becuase of the bad reviews of the LCD EVF's and I have always owned Sony handycams to shoot the kids (so to speak!) but it was hard to get great focus on the LCD viewfinders.

When I saw the a77 and the OLED EVF I was sold -- and still am. I love all the advantages of the OLED EVF and miss none of the disadvantages of the OVF.

My favorite thing about the EVF is when shooting video I can see my white balance is correct, more importantly, my field of vision is isolated to the shot I'm composing -- not holding the camera out at arms length trying to get the sun out of the 3" LCD in the back.

A close second is the shot result preview where I can see exactly what the bokeh is and the DOF.

rothwells's gear list:rothwells's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow