ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tekton23
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Filing, storing and viewing images
Sep 13, 2012

Hi,

I am looking to consolidate and organise my collection of a mix of slides, BW negs and digital photos that I have taken over the past 15 years.

I am aiming to do this by setting up my own folders by year on a large hard drive and I would then like to use something to easily view the pictures (ideally both at home and away). I can not afford to spend a lot of on this, if anything. However I am looking for a long term solution so don't want to use a free piece of software that I have never heard of.

I had thought Picasa would work. However the moment I disconnect the HD it can not preview my photos. I was sure it kept a low res version, but clearly not. Does anyone have any ideas, is there a software only version or should I be looking at a software + network HD solution, which I can also access when away from home?

To be honest, I only really want to look at low res versions when away. A network HD may just be a nice to have.
It would be good to know what people are using and any creative ideas?
Many thanks,
T23

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow