I would be very rich ... (A99)

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
SchorschB
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: I would be very rich ... (A99)
In reply to JasperD, Sep 13, 2012

I agree with you: For a stills shooter, the A99 is somewhat of a disappointment.

I was hoping for something like the D600 from Sony, I was hoping for something smaller, cheaper, lighter - something to use all my full-frame lenses with their full potential.

With the A99, Sony has moved their top camera from a pure photographers' device to a video hybrid. Not bad, and the price is fair - but they have moved in the opposite direction I was hoping they would go - and the rumors about a 36MP model next spring point even further into that direction.

My A700 is still wonderful, there's no need for a replacement. Therefore, I'll have to wait for next year: I think I could warm up to the idea of the rumored FF NEX.

JasperD wrote:

There´s not that much more in the A99 for a stills shooter, than what´s already available with A900. IMO, not for that amount of money, and discarding the VF discussion. However, meanwhile, Nikon makes the switch even more tempting and affordable, bringing a D600 + lens at the same price point as A99 body only, or a much more attractive D800 body only...

I like to think my A900 still has some time to go, but realistically, when time comes, it will be good bye from me too, alas.

-- hide signature --

Georg
-

Minolta 9000, 9xi, 5D, Sony A700. 17-35mm f2.8-4, 50mm f1.4, 24-105mm, 70-300mm G, 100-300mm APO, 500mm f8 Reflex. Metz 45CL-4 digital, Sony HVL-42

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow