Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Kachadurian
Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Like?
D600 might be my tipping point.
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a long time Canon guy (since 1995 when I switched from Nikon). I have lots of Canon glass, but lately I'm finding that Canon is getting to take us photographers for granted, focusing more on video.

I need another body so I've been looking at a 5DIII.

Now the problem with the D600 is that for the outrageous price of the 5DIII I could sell all my Canon glass and bodies and go Nikon and just about break even.

It would be silly to do that just to have new stuff, but lately Canon doesn't really support their new tech. I just spent $1,600 for the 2 EX600RT flashes and the remote thing. But it's flaky. CPS can't even begin to help me because the don't seem to understand the system. They've all but stopped making prime lenses while Nikon seems to be making the stuff I want. Canon's seems to be only interested in selling $2,500 gen II zoom L lenses, not $600 excellent prime lenses.

Talk me off the cliff. Tell me I'm wrong.

Tom

http://www.kachadurian.com

Call me crazy. I happen to like photos of cats.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow