Website hosting options, recommendations?

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cogset
Senior MemberPosts: 1,065Gear list
Like?
Website hosting options, recommendations?
Sep 13, 2012

Looking at creating a website to sell photography. I'm not a pro at this time, but am doing paid-for jobs fairly regularly and may "make the leap" at some point. The two I'm focusing on are Photoshelter and Zenfolio, but I'm open to others.

• Client print ordering: I would like clients to be able to order products. Prints, calendars etc. Zenfolio seems to have more "partner" companies for printing.

• private galleries for clients to privately review shoots

• public site, portofolio

• SEO. Tools to help my site "get found"

• Stock. I may have some at some point. Photoshelter seems to be a better Stock search destination. But I don't have a lot of stock type photos at this time.

• speed. Want a nice, snappy site.

• configurable look and feel. I want to use their templates and run with it. I don't want to spend a lot on customization. I want a professional look.

• others: if you have other factors that you think I should be considering, fire away.

Thank you in advance,
Peter
-
P. Guyton
http://500px.com/CorsairVelo

Cogset's gear list:Cogset's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow