X100 RAW Question

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
tr4driver
Regular MemberPosts: 426
Like?
Re: X100 RAW Question
In reply to mr moonlight, Sep 13, 2012

mr moonlight wrote:

The in camera conversions will not match the default RAW conversions. I recommend shooting RAW+Jpeg so you can have the best of both. Use the Jpeg if it's acceptable and use the RAW if you want to make some changes.

This is really the only thing I don't like about the camera/software. Many times, the JPEG is close and only needs minor tweaking. Every other brand camera I have owned and worked with (Nikon and Olympus) includes RAW conversion software that allows you to start with the in camera settings as a default or base point. With Fuji, the software appears to start with camera settings of some sort, but they (particularly the color setting) have no real relationship to the camera's actual settings.

I have never liked third party RAW editor/converters for that very reason. I don't like to do a lot of post processing, but I do like to be able to adjust exposure and white balance if needed, so I always shoot RAW. With Fuji, I probably would have been better off if I had never looked at the camera produced JPEG files. I then would not realize what I was missing. I just really like the colors that the in camera JPEG conversion produces and I'm frustrated that there's no easy way to reproduce those colors with the RAW conversion software.

Kurt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow