The E5 replacement has just been announced....

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay Jenner
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
The E5 replacement has just been announced....
Sep 13, 2012

and its called a Nikon D600. Looks amazing, and somehow manages to be smaller and lighter than an E5. How do they do that?

Now in order to replace my E3 and lenses with this Nikon kit would cost me somewhere north of $4000 so it ain't going to happen. But it's interesting to see what they have done. I have never shot with Nikon, but if....IF I decided that Olympus was no longer viable, and IF I could afford to do so I reckon that this is where I would go.

We have been talking about essentially stuffing the new OMD sensor inside an E5 shell and calling it an E7. This would be great and please a lot of people, including me, but its not really going to be bothering Nikon much I don't think and probably not gaining any new followers, unless its is very competitively priced. And really, looking at the Nikon the Olympus will have to be smaller and lighter.

Pentax have shown us how small and light, but still tough and weatherproof an APS-C SLR can be. Now Nikon have shown us how compact a full frame camera can be.
Anyhoo, I cannot afford any new kit at the mo or for the foreseeable future!
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdloudon/

Jay Jenner's gear list:Jay Jenner's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Nikon D600 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow