XQD is dead

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Terence SY Wong
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Re: XQD is dead
In reply to Canadianguy, Sep 13, 2012

Canadianguy wrote:

CF is a dead end. It is dying a slow death - what's keeping it alive is the huge install base it had from the beginning of the digital camera era and the Pros who have a huge inventory of cards to use.

All the mass market cameras have shifted to SD - I can rarely find any CF cards in the big box stores anymore.

The PR from Nikon was that they needed a faster card for video. Well, Sony’s NEX-VG900 - their latest 35mm sensor video camera uses SD - no XQD to be found.

I like the speed of XQD but I don't plan to buy anymore XQD cards unless more cameras come out using it.

XOP is dead, and CF is dying slowly, SDHC and SDXC are the winners in long run, I realize that CF card is three time fast than SD, but it's cost is also much higher, I am using D800E and shooting landscape or still things, I do need 11fps speed, I am having 4x64GB Extreme SD, which is tons of stoarge already.

Terence SY Wong's gear list:Terence SY Wong's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X2 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow