ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hayles91
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Commissions, charging and expectations
Sep 13, 2012

Hi all

I've been asked to do a couple of photography jobs but as I've not really done anything commercially before, I'm very unsure what sort of fees to charge.

I know the old 'work out how much time you spend, cost of your kit, your experience' etc but I'm really not sure how that equates to the kind of jobs I've been asked to do.. can anyone share any experiences/what you think may be acceptable (UK) as I have no idea where to position myself with costs and also wouldn't know what a business might expect to pay for such a job - i don't want to go in with a cost of (for arguements sake) £300 if they were only thinking £100 to include the finished photos etc.

Job 1: Local farm selling rare breeds pork/lamb - looking for me to take some marketing shots around the farm (I guess therefore they'll be looking for a reasonable bank of shots to use in a number of marketing / publicity materials.

Job 2: Local pub want photographs of the pub exterior taken in each season (& possibly some internal shots also)

Both are within minutes of my house so no real travel expenses but I'm just trying to get a steer.

Anyone have any useful feedback that may help me cost this up?

Many thanks

Hayley

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow