No Sony SLRs any more, ever.

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
rob asnong
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to jerome_munich, Sep 13, 2012

I was a long time OVF user. Now I have the A77 for almost a year. I can only say it is hard to grab my A580 or my A700 since. I will never buy a SLR anymore with an OVF.

It is not perfect yet, but the advantages outplays the disadvantages by a big margin.

I think most of the EVF whiners here never used it for a longer period. Maybe they tried it in store only. I certainly don't understand the fuss about the EVF darkness in dark situations. The EVF is on the contrary much more useful in dark light. I can still see all I need in situations where the OVF of my A700 shows my nothing at all but full darkness.

A friend of mine has a D7000. After feeling the ergonomics of the A77 and viewing through the EVF of the A77 during an afternoon, he sold his D7000 immediately and now has a A77 in order. And I used his D7000. It is for sure that the A77 has far better ergonomics and has a better grip when holding during a longer time.

I have to accept a little more noise compared to my A580 but the A77 is such a nice camera to use (the ergonomics, the EVF, even the sound, yes the sound ;-)) that I grab it every time. I have to force myself to use my A580. A camera is more then noise at pixel level. With an EVF camera you have the perfect shot in one attempt against maybe three or more with an OVF camera.

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow