No Sony SLRs any more, ever.

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rob asnong
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
Re: No Sony SLRs any more, ever.
In reply to jerome_munich, Sep 13, 2012

I was a long time OVF user. Now I have the A77 for almost a year. I can only say it is hard to grab my A580 or my A700 since. I will never buy a SLR anymore with an OVF.

It is not perfect yet, but the advantages outplays the disadvantages by a big margin.

I think most of the EVF whiners here never used it for a longer period. Maybe they tried it in store only. I certainly don't understand the fuss about the EVF darkness in dark situations. The EVF is on the contrary much more useful in dark light. I can still see all I need in situations where the OVF of my A700 shows my nothing at all but full darkness.

A friend of mine has a D7000. After feeling the ergonomics of the A77 and viewing through the EVF of the A77 during an afternoon, he sold his D7000 immediately and now has a A77 in order. And I used his D7000. It is for sure that the A77 has far better ergonomics and has a better grip when holding during a longer time.

I have to accept a little more noise compared to my A580 but the A77 is such a nice camera to use (the ergonomics, the EVF, even the sound, yes the sound ;-)) that I grab it every time. I have to force myself to use my A580. A camera is more then noise at pixel level. With an EVF camera you have the perfect shot in one attempt against maybe three or more with an OVF camera.

Rob
--
http://www.picasaweb.google.be/alphamember

rob asnong's gear list:rob asnong's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow