Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thelensmeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 883
Like?
Canon 5Diii whingers!
Sep 13, 2012

As far as i can see people are peeved by the price Canon introduced the 5Diii at which I agree was steep as it was 3000GBP when released in the UK.

People are complaing and waiting for Canon to drop its price but its now already available for 2100GBP in the UK if you look around.

In the forums people are moaning about Nikons D600 and how Canon need to respond because they dont want to pay full price for an Canon when Nikon have better DR and MP yadda yadda for a cheaper price.

Seems to me all these whingers about Canon DR and old sensor technology are just bitter about the price.

Has the Nikon got MA for its AF? Will the 6D have MA? Well guess what, if you want to shoot very fast glass accurately you may need to pay for that upper range body and not just a smaller, plasticky body with FF sensor. Lower max shutter speed? You bet. Reduced ISO? Yup. Smaller VF? yes. less FPS? Of course.
I know which I would rather pay for.

Personally i hate Canons marketing drip feed strategy but it differentiates the range and the D600 and 6D are entry level albeit with some damn nice features and components.

These bodies will be game changers though as new folk coming into the business wont be buying the 7D they will be buying the 6D and having that FF 'look' right from the outset.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow