Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kanano
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Makes sense to sell D3S to buy a D800e?
Sep 13, 2012

Now that the D600 specs are out and is not interesting to me, thinking of selling my D3S and getting a D800e for the same amount - around 3700 AUD. My main motivation is lighter weight while having similar low light and autofocus abilities.

Megapixel is not really a priority and am happy with 12 but will deal with 36 if I have to.
I have the lenses suitable for the D800e so that is not an issue as well.

I have just placed an order for the D800e for delivery in another 4 days and can still cancel the order.

So would love to hear from people who have had both or just either one and which way you would swing.

Love the D3S images at 6400 (I find that I am generally shooting between 1600 and 6400) but it's too heavy for me to enjoy lugging it around.

I am not a pro but shoot mainly for pleasure and to record my kids and family. Like micro and landscapes and cityscapes as well as street photography.
Some idea of what I shoot (other than family) is in my flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24450988@N05/

Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow