Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,264Gear list
Like?
Nikon D600 - Kudos Nikon
Sep 13, 2012

As the few who know me here will know, I'm not a fan of full frame. I don't see the point of them any longer (for mainstream market anyway) and the idea of lugging around a huge camera body with equally as heavy if not heavier lenses is about appealing as sliding down a giant razor blade using your tongue as a break.

But that said, Nikon appear to me anyway as having 'hit the nail on the head' so to speak with their New D600. It appears to be an unusually attractive and well though out model. Much more compact than I thought it would be and looking at the specs and features it ticks all boxes, and then some, in my opinion.

What is a refreshing surprise is the price point they are coming in at. A clever move as it should guarantee this camera's success. However, by the same token it totally destroys to a pulp Sony's RX1 before either have made it to market.

For me I am more than happy to stay APS-C especially now with the sort of outstanding IQ, low light performance and DR of the X-Trans sensor but if I did have very good cause to acquire a FF cam the D600 would be the one without any question.

Kudos Nikon. A job extremely well done IMO.

Cheers

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Nikon D600 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow