Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fft81
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
Epson 3880 canvas experience
Sep 13, 2012

I bought a roll of Breathing color canvas and tried it on my 3880; here are the thoughts:

1. The only way to feed it semi successfully is to glue a piece of hard paper (60lb or more) to the leading edge. Leaving 1 inch lead in worked every time. Having 0.25 inch lead in worked on 4th attempt. Lead in is the distance paper sticks out in-front of canvas.

2. gluing cardboard to the front or back of canvas works. Combined thickness of cardboard and canvas is too thick for that area to print properly; dimension your print to sacrifice the part of canvas where lead in paper is glued. I did not try thinner paper as lead in material.

3. when creating the custom paper size don't forget to account for additional length of lead in paper; i nearly broke my printer having miscalculated by1". Heard very loud screeching sound; printer spat rest of canvas out and reported error code and told me to call for support. Cycling power fixed the error.

Elmers glue stick did not work well for gluing; i actually got the paper stuck in printer and had to take it apart to get paper out. Elmers liquid glue works; let it cure though...

Bottom line is:
Plan ahead, use lead in paper, it will work.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow