How to make a good collage in PS elements or lightroom...?

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
How to make a good collage in PS elements or lightroom...?
Sep 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying I'm a newbie...

I own both PS elements and lightroom. I started using the print feature in light room to make a collage of all my son's 3 month pictures. I was doing a simple 9" x 9" frame with 3" x 3" pictures giving me 9 total pictures. I got them all setup and edited the way I wanted and then when I'm viewing the final product, it just looks very amateurish (Yes I realize I'm an amateur :)) I was hoping for the pictures to have some bordering with suttle flair just so it doesn't look so plain and boring. Nothing obnoxious, but nothing that looks like I used MS paint to create it.

So I figured elements had a good collage feature. I was wrong (From what I can tell). I was looking for a similar setup. I'd even take a 8 x 11 with less pictures at this piont, but all I found was some cheesey theme with pictures splattered around. I googled for help and from what I can tell, I'd have to revise that stupid them in elements to get a desired look I want which seems very time consuming.

So my question is....can either of these products get me a quality collage that doesn't look like it was made by a 3rd grader? Am I better off using mpix or shutterfly? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow