After further review - decided today to cancel my a99 order.

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440Gear list
After further review - decided today to cancel my a99 order.
Sep 12, 2012

Was letdown by the video still being limited to F/3.5 in AF mode. Had they even offered a "push" focus option so I can pull focus occasionally while shooting video wide open (like the Panasonic Af100 does) then I'd have been fine.

Disappointed with the 6 FPS and the same basic buffer size as the A77. Was expecting 10 fps.

I use third party lenses - apparently none of them will work with the new "AF-D" feature, and this bums me out. Not interested in selling my Sigma 50mm F/1.4 and moving to Sony, nor do I want to get rid of my Tamron 70-200 F/2.8.

All of the above I knew about for the most part (but hadn't completely sunk in yet) but this morning when I saw the sample high ISO shots - located here:
and here:

I knew I had to cancel. It's flat out just not $1700 better than my A77. Sure the video control knob in the front would be great, as well as FF, the AF limiter, and the AutoISO in M mode (still have my fingers crossed that the next A77 firmware addresses this) but at the end of the day - it's not a "high iso" beast by any means.

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow