NEX 6 or X-E1: Which is more appealing thus far?

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Capndan3
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 6 or X-E1: Which is more appealing thus far?
In reply to Dennis, Sep 12, 2012

I'm torn between these two as well... In Fuji's favor is the sensor with no AA filter (I shoot mostly scenics), likely better body build (more metal, less plastic), ergonomics (SS dial and aperture ring), potentially better EVF experience (depending on how accurate/significant their optics are for the EVF that they're hyping), generally lenses that are one f-stop faster (at a price) and for me a 1:1 square format option which is a nice advantage of a EVF camera over my DSLR and one of the reasons I've been looking at a mirrorless option...

For Sony, it's offering an even more compact alternative to a DSLR - especially with the PZ lens (take a look at the Fuji kit lens EXTENDED for a real difference!), a meaningful price advantage across the board, enhanced video options, and the tilting LCD... Unfortunately, from the published specs it appears that the VF/LCD "grid" overlay option that was on the NEX-5n has disappeared from the NEX-5r and NEX-6 which would have at least allowed some compositional help for a square format... Why Sony takes something out of a direct replacement model (5n> 5r) or a step-up model (6) is quite annoying...

It may be that the lens options/pricing end up swaying me as much as anything else because that's also when the true cost comes together...

Capndan3's gear list:Capndan3's gear list
HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow