RX1 Awesome, but wish it was E-mount

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
The Skipper
Contributing MemberPosts: 872
Like?
Great concept, not perfect (yet) implementation
In reply to JackM, Sep 12, 2012

The RX1 can be summed up in 2 sentences: Largest possible sensor in the smallest possible package, & top-notch image quality.

It is a great concept, but in its first implementation, Sony did not get things quite right. The camera is too large, & one of the reasons is that the lens doesn't retract inside the body. My guess is to maximize IQ.

For a while now, I had been asking for a digital version of the Minox GL or Olympus XA, but this is not it.

I had gone down this road somewhat before, when I purchased an E-PL2 as a P&S upgrade (before the RX100 came out), figuring that I can exchange better IQ for something that is not pocketable but still compact. But in the end, I just got frustrated with the size. The RX1 is smaller than the E-PL2 but not by much, so chances are I can't live with it either.

I will check out this camera when it is in the stores, but based on current information, I probably won't be buying one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow