RX1 Awesome, but wish it was E-mount

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
guyv
Contributing MemberPosts: 847
Like?
Re: RX1 Awesome, but wish it was E-mount
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Sep 12, 2012

Best price argument so far. There are many people who only use their NEX-7 with the Zeiss 24mm. For all new potential buyers of that NEX-7 combo, Zeiss made their own 24mm obsolete, because there is no reason(apart from VF) not to get the RX1 instead - especially after street price goes down a bit.

I am still yearning for a more compact/same functionality and quality than my Pentax 70mm limited (105mm fov equiv.). But then when I shoot portraits my old Pentax K10D with 70mm is just as fast and good as it has always been, just bulky. I would love a Zeiss 70mm for the NEX.

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

JackM wrote:

True, and I did not mean to imply that the fixed lens is a deal-breaker. If the RX1 settles down to $2000, I will sell my Canon 35L to get it.

RX1 at $2000 will be a major steal, considering that NEX-7 with Zeiss 24mm 1.8 goes for $2400. And we’re talking a far superior, larger, flagship sensor with a superior effective aperture (35mm f/2 lens on FF translates to 24mm f/1.4 on APS-C).

This is why I don’t understand the complaint about $2800, granted VF is still optional.

-- hide signature --

In theory, theory and practice are the same but in practice they are not - Yogi Berra
Buddha was not a buddhist, Jesus was not a christian, Mohammed was not a muslim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow