Amazed Pentax kept K7/K5 body!

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Winder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294Gear list
Like?
Re: Amazed Pentax kept K7/K5 body!
In reply to Cane, Sep 12, 2012

Cane wrote:

This is just the camera they 'should' have made in 2010, with proper auto focus. I don't think a pat on the back is the response I'd give them. Same sensor, same behind the times video, no tethering, just resting on their laurels.

While I agree that it is the camera that the K-5 should have been 2 years ago. I don't think Pentax is just resting on their laurels. I think the Pentax Ricoh integration is still on going and Pentax is still behind the curve on product development.

If Nikon and Canon are not going to release replacements for their flagship APS-C bodies this year then there is no reason for Pentax. I think Pentax will put the finishing touches on the K-3 (24MP APS-C with 21-point AF) and release it in the Spring.

I am more disappointed in the lack of high end glass and fast primes. I don't really consider the new telescope a great product. There are a dozen other more pressing holes in the Pentax lens line up they could have been working on.
--
Contax 645, Canon 5D (sold), Olympus E-3 (sold), Playing with a K-7 and K-5

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow