O.T. What is the best digital camera for......

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
O.T. What is the best digital camera for......
Sep 12, 2012

As a long time Fujifilm DSLR user and participant in this forum I respect the opinions, experience and pragmatic views of many contributors here.

I do know it could be risky and I don't intend to start a thread that ends up getting over-heated, but leaving aside brand snobbery/allegiances, arguments about value for money, within a budget of £15,000 / $15,000 (approx. max. and you needn't spend anything like that), what is the best digital camera and lens combination, of any format, of any brand, currently available to purchase now or that has been announced for release prior to the end of this year, for.......

LANDSCAPES / CITYSCAPES

STUDIO / PORTRAITURE

EVENTS / WEDDINGS

HOLIDAYS / STREET

Answer as many or as few categories as you wish (or add your own), with reasons. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each in each situation?

This is a 'what's in your dream camera bag?' for each specific purpose and as such needs to be portable enough to fit in a camera bag.

I'm not averse to humour so do go ahead but I'd be interested in serious suggestions too.

Please keep it friendly and ignore any bullies should they appear. They like nothing better than attention so don't give them any and don't feed the trolls.

What's your ideal / dream camera kit?

Norman Young
http://www.noyo.eu

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow