Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,632
Like?
Something from Ricoh (just predictions)
Sep 12, 2012

In light of the press releases and vague hints from Pentax Ricoh this year, for example this one:

http://photorumors.com/2012/01/16/new-ricoh-gxr-body-with-rotating-lcd-pentax-k-mount-gxr-unit/

or the B&W or the GRD Zoom or the 14mm patent (which = 28mm in m4/3 terms) and on and on, it's difficult to accept that there's nothing coming from Ricoh.

There has to be something .

And I don't mean just a CX7 or a rhinestone GRD. It has to be something substantial . It can't be taking them all this time just to come up with a CX7, so I'm going to predict they've been working on something a whole lot bigger based on the continual rumours of a second mirrorless ILC from Pentax Ricoh.

I predict this APSC-sensor ILC to be branded Ricoh as it will evolve from the currrent GXR exactly as the Fuji Pro evolved from the X100, and just as people are predicting with this new Sony RX1.

So it will either be in the form of a GXR module, or it will be a complete body evolving from the GXR fixed-lens A12 modules as per the X100 to Pro, so maybe still even look like and handle like the GXR. Which will need lenses, so we'll see the 28mm and 50mm and why not the A16 Zoom too to launch as interchangeable full-AF 'GR-mount' (until we learn the official name) lenses along with it to get the ball rolling.

I'm leaning towards them keeping this new ILC as a GXR module format because it then still allows for the Mount-FF as well as K and Q mount modules. So FOUR interchangeable systems on the GXR - a pocket one, an SLR one, a rangefinder one and then the new ILC one. Sound good?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow