A few 75mm 1.8 weddng pictures..

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ambercool
Contributing MemberPosts: 653Gear list
Like?
Re: A few 75mm 1.8 weddng pictures..
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, Sep 12, 2012

I am not sure if anyone appreciates you making comments of their photos being morgue-like quality. IF they were his clients, then they choose based on previous work or didn't care about what they wanted it to look like. Or maybe he just posted that up so we can see the lens quality in the conditions he was with.

Some people appreciate photos that are taken as-is. I'm not sure what kind of clients you cater to, but when you provide a swatch of the types of edits you can do, the client can sit down and tell you what they want. Some love the washed out sunlit colors and filters with over vignetting, which you see a lot of wedding photographers edit with. I know that editing those takes time and money which costs more to the client.

It's up to the clients and I think making that statement undervalues clients who want "morgue-like" photos. Making a comment about an inanimate object is different from someone's work.

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

ambercool wrote:

There's not enough evidence to link that observation to the lens(assuming that was what the comment was for). To the naked eye light skin under clouds/shade would produce that color.

wedding photos are not about what your naked eye sees - this is not a coroner taking pictures in morgue.

-- hide signature --
 ambercool's gear list:ambercool's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70 Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow