The (unknownth) Annual Unofficial Sigma Users Camera Survey

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
pixtorial
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: The (unknownth) Annual Unofficial Sigma Users Camera Survey
In reply to LeightonC, Sep 12, 2012

I beg to differ, "no compositional discipline at all", you just have a unique vision of composition. There is certainly plenty of discipline involved in creating panos that work (and yours do).

But the shots that really work for me are those b/w images at the bottom of your post, where you show a great eye for b/w.

LeightonC wrote:

My entire kit consists of a DP2 purchased in 2009, a sturdy tripod and nodal ninja 3 for taking panoramas. I have no compositional discipline at all, I want to capture everything in front of me and the DP2 with all of its handling foibles has served me well. When the DP2m was announced I was genuinely excited, I will undoubtedly get one eventually but I am not sure how often I will print out my holiday snapshot panos 2 metres wide...

I might need my Sigma fanboy licence revoked as recently I only want to make dark and/or noisy images.....maybe I should break out the Ricoh Gr1v and shoot some grainy film

Leighton

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow