Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim N'AZ
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,215
Like?
9/11 flag memorial in Arizona today
Sep 12, 2012

A dedicated group of volunteers worked very hard to put up nearly 3000 american flags in Tempe, Arizona to commemorate the tragedy of 9/11. It is my understanding that this is the largest memorial of this kind in the USA. It lasts 3 days and is free to the public.

They will remove all the flags tomorrow so I went out today in what was one of the dullest and drearest days of the year here in sunny Arizona. Grey skies all day and just an occasional ray of sunshine breaking through for a minute or two. I shot for the first hour with some heavy dslr gear until it started to sprinkle a bit more. I went back to my car and retrieved an old Canon point n' shoot (A650IS) and dared the elements to stop me! In the end, primarily due to the flip and twist LCD, I think I captured my best shots of the day with the P n' S! Can't tell my wife tho 'cause I still need (want) more lenses for the Nikon and KM7D!
Two shot pano of just one of the 4 flag sections.

I worked hard to get this shot (flat on my 73 year old back!) and the little Canon came thru.

Yup, they really do take pix with their tablets, AND in the rain!

My favorite image of the day. A little fill flash from the Canon and all was good!

Regards, Jim

Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow