ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mk7
Mk7
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
R.I.P., micro four thirds?
Sep 12, 2012

It appears that m4/3 has squandered its lead. The APS-C mirrorless competition has practically closed the camera size gap, while still offering the benefit of a larger sensor, the Sony NEX6 with new compact power zoom lens being a prime example.

Speaking of the NEX6, what's taking Oly/Pana so long to make the rangefinder-shape with EVF model that so many of you have been clamoring for, for years? Sony has two models already. And that full frame mirrorless? Sony wins again (though they left the door open for someone else to make a FF with EVF or interchangeable lenses). Then there's Canon, with the distribution channels that Pana/Oly can only dream of...

No, I'm not a Sony troll. These new Sonys are not on my shopping list. Although the people at Sony are among the most intelligent on earth, for me, "something" is always missing from their products, which is why I've never purchased anything they make. But I really hope the micro 4/3 product planners/designers/marketers pull it together before the mirrorless pioneers face the fate of 4/3 DSLRs.

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow