K5II and S info

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Greg Lovern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,564
Like?
Leica M8
In reply to JeffAHayes, Sep 12, 2012

JeffAHayes wrote:

Gotta say I'm not sure I'm READY for a K-5 without an AA filter after having read a bit more about it -- particularly the article linked to above that references how it's mostly not included ONLY on medium-format cameras and/or those with really BIG MP counts.

The K-5 is NEITHER

So is the Leica M8. As the author says, the Leica M8 does not have an AA filter. It is only 10.3MP and APS-H -- much lower MP count than the K5, with a format a bit bigger than the K5 (1.3x vs. 1.5x) but not nearly medium format. According to the author, he's never heard of anyone having trouble with moire on an M8.

I found this thread with a link to an M8 shot with moire, but according to the thread it was easy to fix:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1038&message=35553389&changemode=1

Since the K5 is significantly higher MP, the shirt would have had to have a much finer pattern for moire to show up on a K5 for the same shot.

Greg

-- hide signature --

Brand loyalty is a character flaw.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow