Are my 7D, 60D and lenses safe to carry in Italy??

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
R1er
Contributing MemberPosts: 575Gear list
Like?
Are my 7D, 60D and lenses safe to carry in Italy??
Sep 12, 2012

When I travel in a foreign country, there's no doubt I look like a tourist. When shooting, I have a 7D hanging from my right shoulder with a 70-200 f4L and a 60D around my neck with a 17-50 2.8 Tamron. My Tamrac bag (regular bag, not a backpack), which I wear bandolier style, pushed around behind me, is mostly empty except for my 10-22 Canon, which I regularly switch with the Tamron. The bag has a flap lid with a snap-closing clasp.

I walked around London and Paris this way without mishap. The only precaution I took was to put all of the gear in the bag and close it when riding the Underground or the Metro. But now I'm headed for Rome, Florence and Milan, and I've heard/read some worrisome things about pickpockets and thieves & scams of various types.

I should also mention that I'm 6 ft tall and 64. Because of my age, some may see me as an easy mark.

If anyone has any experience and/or any suggestions about keeping gear safe or what to carry or not carry, I'd be very interested!
--

• Don

R1er's gear list:R1er's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow