9/9/2012 Weekly landscape show and tell

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
barbossa3127
Regular MemberPosts: 326
Like?
Re: Chickamauga Battlefield
In reply to SeaScout851, Sep 11, 2012

Thanks. It's definitely a nice little area. Not a whole lot to it outside of the main road and few little side roads. The visitors center is neat and they have a gun museum that is awesome. The collection goes all the way back to prior to the Civil War. One gun even has a miniature grist mill in the stock. The past 2 times that I've been to the battlefield have been early in the morning and I feel that the vantage points that I'd like to redo some shots from are facing into the sun, so I'd like to try them in the evening sometime. Plus the downtown Chattanooga area with the Aquarium is about 15-20 minutes away. The downtown area is right on the river with tons of restaurants, really nice, and "family friendly." You could easily spend the better part of a day at the battlefield and downtown Chattanooga area.

Both of the HDR's were 7 exposures with 1 stop in bewtween (-3 to +3), processed in Photomatix, and then tweaked some in Lightroom 4 to adjust the colors in certain parts.

SeaScout851 wrote:

I've not made it to that Battlefield. Just might be worth the drive from Nashville, TN.

Great use of B&W on the first.

I really like the composition on the second.

Nice composition and processing of the third.

I've tried using DPP for HDR on shots like these. But find it very difficult to get anything that I like. I might be bracketing too much.

Andy
--

-- hide signature --

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.

-John Wayne as Sgt. Stryker in Sands Of Iwo Jima

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow